Filming Docs (aka Abe Forman-Greenwald)
I've been working as a producer, director and editor in web video, film and TV for a good long while now. As a video producer at BuzzFeed Motion Pictures I wrote, developed and directed social issue scripted comedy videos, food videos, and launched several collaborations both within the company and outside partners. In total these videos have over half a billion content views. I directed and produced BuzzFeed's first long-form documentary, Brother Orange.
Before starting at BuzzFeed, I worked as a producer at HuffPost Live, where I produced human interest pieces, news segments, and celebrity interviews with Ken Burns, Deepak Chopra, Ed Begley, Jr., Marlee Matlin, Richard Linklater, Big Boi from Outkast and many others.
I also directed episodes of the PBS Series "In Their Boots", a short film called "Via Text," produced "The Man's Guide To Love,"and directed a feature documentary called "Geeks On Board." Also, I edited "Creature Comforts America" and "The Simpsons Ride" at Universal Studios, woohoo!
Some nice recognition that happened along the way:
- TV appearance on CCTV America discussing the Brother Orange documentary
- Adweek article on a viral hit video, 2014
- A Webby award for HuffPost Live
- "Silent Partners" documentary, official selection of Newfest 2010
- International Documentary Association Nominee, 2009
- Emmy Nomination for "Creature Comforts America", 2008